Tuesday 10 April 2012

Hotel Il San Pietro, Amalfi Coast Italy


TRAVEL

Amalfi Coast, Italy
Hotel Il San Pietro - Positano

This is where my (new) husband and I stayed on our honeymoon.  The only word that springs to mind for this place is WOW!

This hotel is beautiful, the building is carved from rocks situated on the edge of this sensational coastline. 

The standard of service was excellent and the restaurant was one of the most romantic I've ever been. The pool is exquisite and totally takes you breath away!  As you step out of the lift and walk towards the pool, you are stunned by the most beautiful views of the Amalfi Coast and the colourful houses set in the cliffs edge of Positano. 




I cannot recommend this hotel enough, it's a must see! 
Even if you don't decided to stay here, please visit this hotel and take a walk around, perhaps have dinner, or enjoy the sensational views with drinks on the terrace. As night desends on Positano, the magical view changes from all shades of turquoise battling with each other to be the brightest, to a glittering array of lights on the yachts and houses against a shimmering black backdrop. The Bellini's here are arguably THE best Bellini's I have drank (I have consumed so many now, I would like to think of myself as a Bellini expert!) 
Also I MUST tell you, in the restaurant as we were seated, one of the attentive waiting staff brought over a little silk covered stool and told me, and I quote, "your bag needs to sit too" ooooh how divine! With that I placed my Prada clutch gently on her new little seat! Its doesn't get much better than that, right?! They really do think of everything here, even your accessories get the super star treatment and so they should.





The Hotel Sirenuse is Il San Pietro's only competition in Positano, we ate here on a couple of evening's and although very good, really didn't compare to our hotel.  The restaurant at the Sirenuse wasn't nearly as romantic in setting, the Bellini's were made of peach cordial NOT fresh white peach juice (as they should be) and although the food was very good, it just wasn't exceptional but its definitely worth visiting as it is, none the less, a beautiful hotel, set much closer to the village of Positano, therefore the views are not as distant, but in my opinion ANY view of the Amalfi coast for me is stunning!

The view from the bar terrace at Sirenuse

We hired our own yacht for a day to take us to Capri, which the hotel arranged for us.  If you have the time, this is a MUST. You can decide the times you would like to be taken and collected and is a gloriours way to see more of the coastline. The Captain will even stop off at the caves of Capri for you to take a quick plunge into the sparkling azure blue waters surrounding the island.  Capri itself is super chic as you would expect.  I will have a full report on Capri in June, after I return from my vacation there, as one day wasn't enough!

 Our yacht

The caves of Capri

Positano itself is a very pretty village, as you walk down towards the beach there are stores including Pucci & Missoni, unique little jewellery boutiques etc. and restaurants all boasting delicious Italian cuisine. This is a very laid back part of the country - it's certainly not a place you would go to party like a rockstar but to relax, let the breathtaking views wrap around you like warm cashmere and embrace the chic Italian rivera lifestyle.



 The hotel terrace


 The hotel facilities, including private beach


 The View from the pool


The beautiful coloured houses of Positano 


 The view from our room terrace




Positano's public beach



2 comments:

  1. I really like those images, they are good. I hope you will post more images because this coming month of December me and my family will have a vacation .. And i will definitely choose your hotel.

    learn more about hotel amalfi Click here.

    ReplyDelete